Resources for Families and Students
Here are some resources and financial assistance etc. Tell me if your family needs support for anything, financially, with healthcare, rent, utilities. It also lists lots of support for undocumented families too. If your family needs support with filling these out, most local aldermen, state representatives, senators and community organizations’ offices are helping families fill out these paperwork. The link to find your alderman, state representative and senator is on the bottom.
- This link has a ton of resources for utilities, finances, free clinics, etc.
- Metropolitan family services
They are a huge, amazing organization that works with families across Chicago to provide comprehensive services and financial relief. They are also well funded and have lots of resources to provide.
For more information or to get help, call our Intake Line at 312-986-4000.
- If your work hours have been reduced or you have lost your job, but a person can file for unemployment even if it is only for a reduction in hours.
The good news is it will be based on all of the money that the person made from those jobs in the highest quarter out of the last 5 quarters. Just click, file a claim
Here’s a video that explains how to fill out the paperwork for unemployment:
- Some funds for service workers and those who receive tips
- Chicago Covid-19 hardship and help page: Whether you are a parent whose income has dried up, a struggling freelancer, or enduring any other financial strife during this crisis, please feel free to share your story and ask for whatever financial help you need.
- Students can receive $200, takes 2 min to apply
- Comprehensive Resource list for immigrant and refugee communities in the state of Illinois
- Support for undocumented families
- Find nearest food bank
- Find which CPS school nearest you that you can pick up food
- CPS food delivery
- After school and Saturday meal request form
- Comcast 2 months free internet
- City Rental Assistance
- The landlord or bank CANNOT EVICT from your house. This is enforced until May 18th countrywide.
- Utilities (gas, electricity, water, etc) CANNOT be suspended.
- Free clinics in Chicago
- Emotional support hotline
- Burger King offers 2 free kids meals with any meal purchase during coronavirus crisis
- SAT Updates
- AP exam updates